Nurses Week Celebration Poster and Funny E-Card Humor.

It's National Nurses Week  in early May.  To all the nurses who struggle through the daily grind day in and day out, a big Happy thank you goes out from the bottom of my heart.  Your job is difficult and complex.  Your expectations and uncertainties are constant.  You have difficult patients and difficult doctors and difficult managers and difficult pharmacists and difficult house cleaning staff and difficult ER dynamics and difficult calculus to figure out.  OK, forget the calculus.  I was just seeing if you were still reading.  You have a lot of responsibility and on top of all that, you are expected to keep a fake smile as best you can so you can grind through the day that seems like it never ends.

You are expected to sell your dignity in the pursuit of patient satisfaction.  Your patient and family is always right, no matter how wrong they are.  You have always events and never events and leave me alone events that are always popping up at the least convenient times.  You have documentation requirements that consume you.  You have communication that escapes you.  You  are placed in the middle of just about all the obnoxious baby sitting crap that happens every day between grown men and women who's husbands and wives would never put up with.   You are over trained and under skilled in many aspects of your job.  You are amazing to me.   For that I am grateful, because I could never do it.  You are appreciated for your training for your hard work and for your dedication.  I just have one question.  I want to know how nurses got a whole  nurses week and us doctors only got  one day.





Now, please enjoy this nice assortment of original ecard humor from The Happy Hospitalist.

"I am deeply grateful for all the hard work and dedication of our nursing team.  Except the crappy ones that even the nurses wish would quit."

I am deeply grateful for all the hard work and dedication of our nursing team.  Except the crappy ones that even the nurses wish would quit doctor ecard humor photo.


"Happy Nurses Week to all nurses for their incredible dedication and compassion.  Suckers!"

Happy Nurses Week to all nurses for their incredible dedication and compassion.  Suckers nurse ecard humor photo.


"I celebrated Nurses Week by taking the week off."

I celebrated Nurses Week by taking the week off ecard humor photo.


"I celebrated Nurses Week by getting sh*it on.  Oh wait!  Every week is Nurses Week."

I celebrated Nurses Week by getting pooped on.  Oh wait!  Every week is Nurses Week ecard humor photo.


"Thanks to all the mother nurses on Mother's Day for sacrificing YOUR day to deal with crap that wasn't in your job description."

Thanks to all the mother nurses on Mother's Day for sacrificing YOUR day to deal with crap that wasn't in your job description nurse ecard humor photo.


Facebook Nurses' Week humor-->

Me: Happy nurses week!
RN: Thanks!
Me: I have to admit though, I think it's a bunch of crap that RNs get a whole week and doctors only get a day.
RN: Day my ass. You guys get a whole year.
Me: I have to admit, you do have a point.

Happy Nurses Week to all the nurses out there. I have to run. I've got to go give verbal Ativan orders for an alcoholic in florid withdrawal throwing punches at the cleaning lady. 0.25 mg oughta do it...

This post is for entertainment purposes only and likely contains humor only understood by those in a healthcare profession. Read at your own risk. 

Print Friendly and PDF