The hospital is a dangerous place. I point you no further than to the wall mounted IV pole that fell on 74 year old patient Richard Wallace, causing a life threatening intracranial hemorrhage at St Francis hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana. The injury occurred as the patient's bed was being raised, causing the head of the bed to push an infusion pump right off its wall mounted IV pole and fall on the elderly man's head. This is but one more example of the many known and unknown dangers lurking in your hospital. Who would have thought these poles could be so dangerous? The hospital says they have now switched to the free standing hospital poles. Of course, you trade one potential mechanism of injury for another. These free standing poles can just as easily tip over without careful stabilization.