Vaginal Valium Suppositories (Diazepam) Made At Home?

I learned something new the other day.  Physicians are always learning.  Did you know vaginal valium suppositories existed?  I did a double take when I saw  vaginal Valium on a list of home medications.  I had  no idea what it was being used for.  I did a quick internet search and I found vaginal valium suppositories were used in patients with interstitial cystitis.   In fact, you'd be shocked, or not, to know that there are entire internet forums for women from all walks of life to get together and discuss their vaginal Valium questions and answers.

It was from one such forum I learned some women make their own vaginal valium suppositories.  That's right folks.  You too can become your own compounding pharmacist right in the comfort of your own home. If you've got $50 a month, you too can get an internet connection to the  Interstitial Cystitis Support Forum and Message Board where I found Mothergoose's suggestion (comment #7) on how to make your own vaginal Valium formulation.  No need to take your script to a professional expert.  Mothergoose has all the information you need!  Yes, this  Internet thing is fun and amazing.  Not only can physicians learn about vaginal Valium, but patients can learn how to make the stuff themselves.  

I do have one question I'm sure the world is dying to know.  How does vaginal Valium affect the sex lives of both the man and the woman.  Does everything just go to sleep? I suspect if I dug a little deeper into the Internet, I could find my answer.  I also found myself wondering, if I order a brown cow enema and a vaginal Valium on a patient at the same time, can I just write for the nurse to administer The Sleeping T-Bone, a wonderful  new therapy for my anxious and constipated little ol' ladies.  Add a tincture of Green Goddess and life is good for the hospitalist.

This post is for entertainment purposes only and likely contains humor only understood by those in a healthcare profession. Read at your own risk.

Print Friendly and PDF