Systemic Fibromyallergia Explained For The First Time!

Happy's medical practice is 100% clinical. We do some teaching of medical students and residents, but all in all, we do little, if any, clinical based research. So it came as a shock to me when I found out one of my partners was doing his own independent clinical research study. What he found was the discovery of the perfect clinical diagnostic tool for "How To Diagnosis Fibromyalgia":
  • A sensitivity of 100%: If you have fibromyalgia this sign will be positive
  • A specificity of 100%: If you don't have fibromylagia this sign will be negative
  • A positive predictive value of 100%: If you have this sign, you will have fibromylagia
  • A negative predictive value of 100%: If you don't have this sign, you will not have fibromylagia
Nothing in medicine comes with such a remarkable track record. What is this remarkable sign?
Having four or more drug allergies. 
These original Happy Hospitalist fibromyalgia crude medical ecards below help explain.  I believe the pain of fibromyalgia is real.The FDA has even approved medication to treat it. What I can't explain is the physiology behind the muscle pain as it relates to the systemic rejection of ones body to multiple medications across multiple different class effects.  If you want to know if your patient has fibromyalgia, don't waste your time with a trigger point exam.  Just take their allergy history.

"Fibromyallergia Exacerbation:  What to bill for when a fibromyalgia patient adds another allergy to their list. Code sever exacerbation if the allergy it to cardboard."

Fibromyallergia Exacerbation:  What to bill for when a fibromyalgia patient adds another allergy to their list.  Code severe exacerbation if the allergy is to cardboard medical ecard humor.

"I have a don't ask, don't tell policy toward my fibromyalgia patients.  If I don't ask them how they're feeling, I expect them not to tell me."

I have a don't ask, don't tell policy toward my fibromyalgia patients.  If I don't ask them how they're feeling, I expect them not to tell me doctor ecard humor photo.


"Ever notice how fibromyalgia jokes are only appreciated by doctors and nurses, especially the ones without fibro?"

Ever notice how fibromyalgia jokes are only appreciated by doctors and nurses, especially the ones without fibro ecard humor photo


This post is for entertainment purposes only and likely contains humor only understood by those in a healthcare profession.  I wouldn't wish fibro pain on anyone.

Print Friendly and PDF